Monday, July 2, 2012

Fascination


I'd like to introduce you to my new fascination.  I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S III.  I had read lots of reviews and seen lots of pictures.  I was pretty sure that this phone was the one I wanted.  The day it came out, Jen and I went into Bell and sold our souls for a few pieces of shiny plastic and glass.

I must say, that so far I am very impressed with my phone.  The screen is gorgeous and large enough to read emails, etc. on.  Video looks pretty good on it too.  The dual core processor keeps this thing ticking along and I haven't detected any lag or stuttering yet, regardless of what or how much is running.  My only complaint would be the material the phone is made of is extremely slippery.  I don't have a case yet (none are available), so I handle the device very gingerly.  I have visions of the damn thing squirting out of my hand like a wet bar of soap.  That would send me into an unrecoverable emotional tailspin.

I have very few cell phone numbers yet, so I have had to keep myself busy texting my wife and discovering interesting apps.

Jen got her iPhone that she has been wishing for.  It has been pretty interesting comparing the two styles of OS.  iOS is almost idiot proof, while Android takes a bit more figuring and discovery.  So, far Android seems like it may have a bit more of an upside despite/because of it's complexity.  However, I've only scratched the surface.

Yay!  Another way to make summer fun/less productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment