Friday, December 24, 2010

The Case of the Disappearing Presents and Other Christmas Happenings

So, here's the deal.  A certain batch of on sale scrapbooking supplies had been pointed out to me in Michael's about a month ago by my wife. Jen indicated that these supplies would make excellent gifts. Being the dutiful (and smart) husband, I bought them.  I quickly stuck them under the seat of the car to avoid prying eyes.  After that I pretty much forgot about them.   A couple of weeks later I actually decided to bring in the presents and "hide" them in my man cave. 

This week I decided to wrap those gifts.  Only one thing stood in my way and that is the lack of gifts to wrap.  I could not find those gifts for a king's ransom.  I looked everywhere in our not overly large house.  No gifts were to be found, so I looked again.  Still nothing.  Things were becoming desperate as Christmas quickly approached.  Desperate times called for desperate measures, so I had to enlist the help of my wife (I told you I was desperate) and my in-laws (yes, that desperate).  Success was still elusive.

Today, I decided to make one last effort.  I figured that it would at least get me back into the basement and away from the throng of relatives upstairs.  I looked around in the cave one more time without a satisfactory result.  I was so damned frustrated, I decided to clean.  Things were clearly descending into madness.  I did some shredding that I had to date avoided.  I even started shuffling through all of the filing that was waiting for me to feel like doing.  That was when I got out the new file boxes I had bought a while back.  I pulled them apart and lo and behold, what is gazing back at me but my missing gifts.  I had not thought about taking apart the boxes.  I had only looked in the top one.  Mystery solved.  I am an idiot.  Though I think many had already solved that particular mystery.

I was going to write more, but my in-laws have informed they are ready to go out NOW.  Funny how you have to hop to with some people when they are ready and wait for them when you are ready.  I love Christmas time!

No comments:

Post a Comment