Monday, September 3, 2012

The End is Nigh

I’m sitting on the couch this morning savouring the last day of summer vacation.  The past few years at this time, I’ve been trying to soak up the end of summer because the past couple of months had been…well, less than satisfying.  Last year I worked all summer.  The year before that we had moved into the house and I had a load of stuff to fix (and Jen had been fallen on by a horse).

I sit here this year savouring summer because it has been SO DAMN GOOD!  We accomplished a lot on the house.  We have painted the kitchen and installed new light fixtures.  We had an amazing trip down to Vancouver Island where we saw lots of friends, saw lots of new places and had heaps of good times.  Finally, we did a mini-reno on the basement.  We painted, put in new carpet and bought new furniture.

2012-07-11 12.01.46-1

 

2012-09-03 07.45.53

So, I’m satisfied with my summer and ready to go back to work.  Let’s face it, two and a half months is a long time to go without a paycheck and I look forward to contributing to society again.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good man...best of luck with the little guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope things are going well out East for you. Congratulations on your forthcoming family addition. I hope you didn't get too used to sleeping.

      Delete