Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Last week I had my 40th birthday.  I had been dreading this one for quite a while.  Most birthdays I would not even notice if it weren't for my wife.  She likes birthdays more than I do.  Anyway, I don't know what I didn't like about this birthday, but I was not looking forward to it.  Maybe it was that my life was over half over.  Not that I'm unhappy where I'm at, but wow, the fuel gauge is down to half empty, I'd better get my butt in gear and actually accomplish something.

My wife held a wonderful party with my friends and I had a great time.  We had lots of food, drinks and laughs.

We even tried out the Kinect for the Xbox 360.  One of my friends brought it over and we jumped, ducked, swatted and generally looked like fools for a couple of hours.  The Kinect is an amazing piece of hardware, but in my opinion, they don't have the software to go with it yet.  The game that we used was fun, but he novelty would wear off quickly and the Kinect would gather dust on top of the TV.  So, I think I'll keep the $150 in my pocket until there are better games.

So, I'm now 40 and working on another 40.  According to the pension people, I'll still be working for all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment