Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Law of Hockey and My F@#$ing Cat Pt. 2

First, I thought I should pass on something I learned from one of my Grade 1 hockey players.  In the dressing room yesterday, W's mom noticed that his brother had gone onto the ice without his neck protector.  She suggested that W take it out to his brother when he went onto the ice himself.  W got very agitated and hollered that his brother had to have the neck protector on right then because it was against the law of hockey to be on the ice without it.  I didn't know that.

My cat was at it again.  I went to hockey last week and when I put on my jersey it smelt pretty ripe.  Now, I'm not going to get on here and try and tell you that hockey equipment doesn't smell bad.  In fact, it smells like ass.  But my jersey had been washed just recently and it smelled like ass x2. 

So, I gave the jersey a bigger sniff.  I know.  When something smells bad, why do we take a big breath?  Anyway, I smelled harder and thought I caught a familiar scent.  So, I took out my other jersey from the bottom of my bag and didn't have to even take a small whiff.  The acrid smell of cat pee jumped out and punched me in the nose.  The other jersey was wet.  Really wet.  Luckily, the jersey I was wearing had only caught a bit of overspray on one sleeve.

That's right.  My old friend had taken a massive leak in the bottom of my hockey bag.

Well, I played that whole game smelling of cat pee.  Unfortunately, as my body temperature creeped up, so did the stink-o-meter.

I can tell you that I can't prove which one of my little freeloaders did the deed, but I can sure guess.  I KNOW it was the little bugger that had me wiener deep in the snow not that long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment