Monday, March 21, 2011

Wiener Deep

It's March.  Why am I still wiener deep in snow?


Well, the first day of Spring was yesterday.  That is remarkable because of the snow that started yesterday and has not stopped as of the writing of this post which is 7:00 pm the next day.  I have already shoveled the driveway once and I am expecting to do it again tomorrow. 

This is our fourth year up in the Northern Wilds.  There is more snow out there this year than in any previous year that we experienced.  This winter has quite frankly sucked the big banana.  It was bitterly cold for the majority of the winter with only very brief periods of non-extremity threatening cold.  There has been mountains of snow.  The first year I actually have a driveway to shovel, I have shoveled non-stop.  I truly understand the say about rain versus snow, "At least you don't have to shovel it!"  Amen.

There's another foot on there from today's snowfall.
I sit here now looking at the mountains of snow in my yard and wondering how long it will take to melt (assuming it ever gets warm enough to melt).  I wonder at the amount of water that will be produced when all that white nastiness disappears.  I wonder if it will go into the my basement.  I wonder how I will deal with the 6 foot high pile of snow that marks the border of my property and the road.  I think it will be ready to snow again before that behemoth is at a manageable size.

Above all else, I wonder when will spring come?

No comments:

Post a Comment