Friday, February 10, 2012

My new toy

Well, I finally went and spent the last big chunk of my second job money.  Back when I was traveling a lot, I always wanted a better camera to better capture the amazing places I was seeing.  My point a shoot did a passable job, but I knew it could be better.  So, after purchasing my new TV (which I love), I went shopping for a new camera. 

The shopping process was longer than I had expected.  It involved my local store not  getting back to me with a price and a web store that couldn't be bothered to get back to me with a shipping charge.  You would think that more stores would want my money, but I guess they are richer than I am.  So, after wasting my time with those fools, I just went online and did some serious price comparison.  I found what I was looking for at a reasonable price and clicked "buy".

Well the camera came in the mail the other day.  I had decided on the Nikon D5100.  I wanted a good camera, but I don't need professional quality.  I want to learn how to use it properly, but photography will never be my primary hobby or even a passion of any sort.  As it stands, the display is full of information that I am only passingly familiar.  There is much learning to do, but I'll be honest, I'm not in a huge rush to do it.  I think the auto function will work well for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment