Saturday, February 18, 2012

Yes Christopher, There is Such a Thing as Karma


I had a student that has quite frankly, been a turd the past couple of weeks.  He has been lying, cheating and being mean to his classmates.  It's been hard to be nice to him lately.  This past Thursday, he was in fine form indeed.  I was getting frustrated.  Then after lunch we went to gym and the universe gave me a wink and a smile.  First, we were doing a set of knee jumps, which requires the students to jump high in the air and bring their knees to their chests.  All of the shaking must have wiggled one of the big gymnastics mats and it fell....right on my little sweetheart...while he was in mid-air.  He was not hurt, but boy was it funny.  Then a little later on, we were playing dodge ball.  One of the teams had just lost its' third game in a row and one of the bigger boys got a bit frustrated and chucked the ball.  Unfortunately, the ball hit my little angel square in the face.  While I had to have a serious chat with the first boy about being a good loser and sportsmanship, etc., I still had a chuckle and a smile on the inside.

The moral of the story is that when you are being a prick, just remember that the universe will square up with you before it's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment