Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Well, Spring Break has finally arrived.  After a very stressful and tiring second term it's time to sit back and relax a bit.  Jen has flown down to Vancouver Island to see her parents and she didn't even leave me a Honey Do List.  I know there is an unspoken one, so I will get a few things done this week, but it will be generously interspersed with happiness inducing activities.  In order to better reach my goal of relaxed bliss, I thought I'd make a list of things I'd like to do with my two weeks irresponsibility.

1.  Blog some.  Check this one off the list as evidenced by this post you are reading.

2.  Read a couple of books.  I have not read as much as I'm used to the past few months.  I just bought the last two books in the Hunger Games trilogy and I think I'll try and finish those.

3.  Play with my camera.  I spent my hard earned money on an expensive camera and haven't taken the time to learn how to use it properly.  I've done some research and it seems there is no replacement for actually fooling around with the darned thing.  When will cybernetic implants become a reality?

4.  Get some exercise.  I've been to the track the last two days, so I'm off to a good start.

5.  Build some models and paint them.  I have a massive pile of unbuilt and unpainted models.  I really want to spend some more money on plastic crack, but I've promised myself not to until I've made a significant dent in my to do pile.  So far, the going is slow and the playoffs are coming.  I need to make hay over the next couple of weeks.

This doesn't look like a hard list to get through, so I think I might have myself a good break and be primed to learn some kids for the last three months of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment