Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Fat Guy in the Shorts

I know it's not a phenomenon that is limited to Fort St. John, but it is one that stands out more up here.  I'm talking about the fat dork that is wearing cargo shorts in January.  Yes, in January.  It is routinely well below -20 Celsius at that time of year.  It was warmer today, but I saw one of those fat fools on the street on the way home.  I'm curious what they think they are proving.  Are they proving how manly they are?  Is it how hardy and tough they are?  Regardless, what they are proving is how empty their skulls are.  Shorts are intended to keep us cool when it is hot.  Ergo, when it's not hot, there is no real need for shorts.

I also wonder how they are not freezing.  My wife says that the layers of fat insulate them, just like Beluga whales.  The theory has promise.

Regardless of their reasons, or how it physically works, these guys (they're always guys) are swimming at the bottom of the gene pool and they are only proving to potential mates that they do not have the most basic of survival instincts.  This will drive off females just as surely as a third eye in the middle of your forehead or farts during dinner.  These guys also show off the worst cankles.  I don't like seeing them on women and I like seeing hairy cankles even less.

I think we can all agree, that the fat guy in shorts during the winter is a sight we could all do without.

No comments:

Post a Comment