Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pleasantly Surprised

I haven't posted in a while because I'm all about angry right now.  I'm angry at my government for giving me the shaft.  I'm angry at my union for giving me the shaft at the same time it's telling me that it's on my side.  I'm angry at big oil because gas prices keep going up and I have to drive to work.  I'm angry at my tea because it's too hot.  Well, you get the idea.  Nobody wants to read about that crap.

I have something different to write about tonight though.  Jen and I were given free tickets to a show by a group called the Arrogant Worms.  I had sort of heard of them and Jen thought they were a children's act with puppets on their hands.  That may have just been a crack induced hallucination though.  It turns out that they are a sort of comedy music group.  I listened to a few of their songs online first and was kind of unsure how this whole thing was going to go.

Not much happens in The John, so we decided to make it a date night.  We went out for dinner before going to the show.  Dinner was good despite being beside the patio door.  How is that a problem you say?  Well, that is the door the smokers use to go out on the patio and smoke under the special heater mounted on the wall for them.  No kidding!  The pub has installed a special heater for the smokers to stand next to so they can get cancer in comfort.  Did I mention that Fort St. Johnians/Johnsonites smoke like it's a friggin cure for cancer?  Anyway, this special heater was installed a very special five feet from the door the stinky bastards use to come and go.   So, that wasn't great.

Anyway, I digress.  The show turned out to be very funny and very enjoyable.  All of the guys in the group were quite funny and the songs were made much funnier by their actions and expressions while performing.  I'm not sure I'd enjoy their music by itself, but they were very good live.  We both had a good time and had smiles on our faces for the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment