Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Make a Light Box

My first lesson of the new year is how to make a light box.  Actually, this is not my lesson to give.  I exercised my Google Fu and came up with several articles that set out how to make a simple homemade light box. 

Some of you know that I am a closet nerd.  I have little plastic men that I paint and subsequently play with (in a game, not in my closet).  I put a lot of time and effort into painting the little blighters and then I go and take a crappy picture on my desk with a phone.  I decided to do something about this lamentable situation.  I looked into how some bloggers made their man dollies look so good in pictures.  The answer was a light box.  I looked online and found that you could bu

Technorati Tags: ,,
y light boxes, but the price was pretty steep for the amount I was going to use it (I am not a prolific painter).  So I went the home made route.

This is what I came up with using only an old moving box, a utility knife and some white tissue paper.  I do think I will be switching from tissue to fabric, due to the fragility of the box right now.  The book was used to put my camera on.

DSC_0791

This is what the pictures of my minis usually turn out like.

2013-01-06 09.11.18

Now with the light box, they look much better.  I’m still fiddling with the settings, so the photos aren’t perfect, but they’ll get better.  I guess I have to paint some more toys to photograph.

DSC_0787DSC_0788DSC_0789DSC_0790

If you want to make your own light box, I got my information from here and here.  You can also just Google it and there are many articles to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment