Sunday, June 19, 2011

Those Lying Bastards

I would just like to tell you about the absolute hosing I got this weekend.  I owed my wife a movie because I drug her to see Sucker Punch.  I would have owed her more than that, but the fact that I had to sit through Sucker Punch too, was punishment enough.  So, while we were in Grande Prairie this past weekend, we went to see Brides Maids.  Jen wanted to see the movie and the trailers made it look like it was kind of The Hangover for women.  I could get down with that.

Let me tell you that the advertising campaign for Brides Maids is the worst kind of false advertising.  First, all of the funny parts are in the trailer.  If you've seen the trailers, don't pay the money to see the movie because you've seen the best parts.  Second, the trailers certainly don't lead you to the conclusion that this movie is about a 30 something woman whose life is in a death spiral throughout the movie while she attempts to keep it together while her best friend gets married.  Most of the movie is quite a downer.  I'll put it this way, I looked at my watch a lot during this movie.

Guys, don't go see this movie unless you have screwed up and owe your woman one like I did or there is guaranteed sex if you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment