Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wild Weather

Last Thursday, I was happily enjoying summer.  The temperature had been in the low 20's for several days running with nary a cloud to be seen.  I had broken out the shorts and t-shirts and was not anticipating looking back.  Then Thursday evening a few thunderstorms bearing hail flowed through.  The temperature dipped a bit that evening.  On Friday I woke up to Christmas, not summer.

Yes, it's that's snow on the ground.

It had was snowing right along at 6:30 when I got up.  The weather man said rain and cold, but this was ridiculous.  I should have know though, when the furnace came on a few times in the night.  The furnace hadn't even been turned on in a week.

It proceeded to snow for the entire day without let up.  There wasn't a huge amount of snow on the ground, but there was some accumulation.  Snow on the ground in June.  Now I've seen it all.  In the three plus years we have lived up here, we have seen snow in every month but July and August.  Long time residents tell us that they have seen snow in every month of the year.  I must sincerely express my desire to never see that.

That's our deck at 4 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment