Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Theatre of Life

Let me explain how this all began.  The neighbour across the street had a small backhoe delivered to his driveway 5 days ago.  We all wondered what they were going to do with it.  Their basement had flooded in the monsoon of the week before, so we thought maybe it was for some foundation repairs.



The next day, Jen and I came back from work to find my father and brother in-law sitting on the couch with coffees in their hands and watching the dude across the road play around on his new toy.  I the first three days he managed to break up the asphalt on half of his driveway and put it in a dumpster.  The next day he managed to dig up part of his lawn.  Now on day 5 he continues to dig up his lawn.  Along the way, he has also managed to destroy part of his eve troughs and take some major chunks out of the concrete retaining wall along his driveway.  When cleaning up the loose asphalt this guy would move the chunks away from his neighbour's fence by hand and then get back into the hoe and use it to pick it up and move it back to the dumpster. 

My guess is that my neighbour is expanding his driveway, but only time will tell.  Today the guy would dig a bucket of dirt and run the backhoe along the edge of the hole so he could put the dirt in the pile because his pile of gravel was in the way.  This fella is clearly not a hoe operator.

I have promised my in-laws to keep them up to date on this drama across the way.  So, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment