Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Kept Man

I've been experiencing a new sensation over the past couple of days.  I am home alone.  Jen got a job at Canadian Tire for the remainder of the summer.  I become the hired help.  My job is to do the housework and continue to check items off of the Honey Do list that we established at the beginning of the summer.

What I have noticed is the amount of pressure I put on myself to accomplish a lot during the day.  I know as long as there is something for Jen to eat, or at least a plan to get there, she'll be happy.  But, it's almost like I feel if she is working, I have to have something to show for my day as well.  When we were both lazing about for the summer, it didn't bother me if on a rainy day, I just read and painted minis or played video games.  Now I feel like I'm wasting time.  I wonder if housewives (sorry, we like to be called domestic engineers), feel the same way.  I've never thought to ask before.

Before you all go and think that I've thrown my wife to the wolves, you should know that I also got a job, but could only nab a part-timer.  I have to wait until after the long weekend for the manager to come back until I can start my job.  So, I'll still be working on the Honey Do list, but I'll be working for money too.

No comments:

Post a Comment