Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Wife's Idea of Fun

I need to preface this post with the fact that when my wife says something is fun, she is silently adding "for me", on to the end of it.  Fun for Jen is fun for everyone or so she thinks.

This afternoon we met Bryce and Michelle at Whole Wheat and Honey for lunch.  We had a great chat and a delicious lunch.  I was extra excited because for once I wasn't hungry after I had finished my $10 lunch.  But I digress.

After lunch we all went down to look around a local furniture store.  We are in the market for a new table and chairs, as our Wal-Mart set has given all it can give us after four years.  Bryce and Michelle are looking to replace the furniture that went swimming with the poops when the sewer backed up in their basement.  This was considered "fun" for Jen and because of the company, it was not "unfun".

After we left Bryce and Michelle, we went to have more "fun".  We looked at more kitchen tables that we didn't like.  Then the "fun" hit a frantic pitch as we went to the thrift stores.  Now, I don't know about you folks, but sifting through layers of other peoples crap does not fit into my definition of fun.  If I could ever find something that I like or wanted at one of these places, I may change my tune.  Thrift stores are glorified garbage dumps, missing only the rats and seagulls to make them real dumps.  And what is with that smell?  As soon as you walk into a thrift store your nose if assaulted by an odor that is somewhere between someone's soiled underpants, unwashed feet and grandma's basement.  So, I hold my breath knowing that the whole while, all of the unclean particles are going unfiltered into my lungs.  We went to three thrift stores and they were all "fun".
Nanna wants to know where her stuff went.

Finally, my Saturday afternoon ended with a visit to the local scrapbooking store.  You've never had "fun" until you've spent a block of time touching ribbons, sifting through piles of paper and checking out the newest stamps.

Now I am home and I don't know what to do now that I'm not having so much "fun".

No comments:

Post a Comment