Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Nice Surprise

I came home today to a nice surprise.  No, it wasn't that my wife was feeling better after a few days sick, but that was nice.  No, it wasn't that my wife made baked beans and wings for supper, but that was nice.  No, it wasn't that my wife had done the laundry which is my usual Sunday job during football, but that was very nice.  I came home to a brand new HD PVR and an upgraded dish courtesy of Bell.  I had forgotten that they gave Jen a call and told her they would be coming over to give us these upgrades as a "customer retention bonus".  After 3 years I own the equipment.  It is interesting that this happened just as we were seriously considering moving to Telus satellite TV largely because they gave us the equipment for free.  Now I don't have the hassle of going through the change of dish and providers.  I can stick with Bell, whom I've been very happy with for the past 3 years.

Now I only have to work on getting that HDTV.  But that is in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment