Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Ugly Truth

Well, I can't avoid it any longer.  Fall is almost here.  Yesterday, we made the first trip to our new school since June.  I would love to say that I was so excited and looking forward to the new experiences of a new grade, blay, blah, blah.  The ugly truth is that with Jen's accident, buying and moving to the house and the invasion of the in-laws, I don't feel like I've had much of a vacation.  I don't feel very recharged and ready to get back at it.  I find that I'm dragging my heals even thinking about going back into the classroom.  Thank goodness for my wife, who is far more motivated than I am at this point.  She will drag me out there and get me back into the groove.

This morning we were temtpted to turn on the furnace.  Yes, it is August 22, but it was so damn cold in our house this morning we seriously considered turning on the furnace.  However, we decided we will be burning enough gas this winter when it's minus forty, that we should conserve.  So, we bundled up and I made blueberry pancakes instead.  The truth is hard to ignore, however.  There is a chill in the air and the smell of fall is tickling my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment