Monday, April 18, 2011

The Cootie Talk

We had to have the "Cootie Talk" in class last week.  I found out that the kids had been checking each others' hair for cooties in the line up to go home.  Most were pronounced clear, but of course there is always that one kid who has to tell someone that their hair is full of cooties.

The cootie talk involved me informing the kiddies that there was no such thing as cooties.  This proclamation was met with some pretty skeptical looks from the crowd.  I pushed on in the face of the chilly reception of my news and explained that if there was no such thing as cooties, then nobody could have them.  As such, I banned any and all cootie checks.

In  addition, while a few of the kids were playing Twister during some free time at the end of the day on Friday, one little girl loudly told me that a boy had got her right in the face with his wiener.  Sometimes, it is really hard to not laugh out loud at those little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment