Monday, May 16, 2011

Zombie Tag

It appears that the kids in my class have been playing a game called Zombie Tag.  Today, I happened to come across them playing and asked what the rules were.  One student starts off as the zombie and chases the other kids around trying to "eat them".  After the zombie has eaten you, you are a zombie too and you chase around kids to eat them.  The winner of the game is the last non-zombie kid standing. 

I have to admit that this sounds like a pretty fun game and it's pretty clever for some 7 and 8 year olds to come up with on their own.

After explaining the rules, one of the little fellows leans in to tell me very seriously that if you want to kill a zombie, it's better to use a bow or crossbow than a gun.  I asked why that was and was told that a gun makes too much noise and would make other zombies come.  This is an interesting theory and reminds me of the zombies in World War Z

As an aside, if you like well written fiction that is as creepy as all get out, you should read World War Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment