Monday, September 20, 2010

A Game of Inches

Just a week or two ago, we were considering not having the TV hooked up at our new house.  We had put our service on hold for the summer and we were not missing the idiot box after two months without.  I was getting lots of other things done during the time I would have spent staring at the tube.  Then football season started.  This made the decision much more difficult.  I am a very large football and hockey fan and watch lots of games on TV (bless my wife for her patience).  But I still considered doing without.  Eventually, we (mostlly me as my wife was fine either way) decided to have the service hooked back up.

As I sat in front of the TV this evening and my eyes beheld the emerald green turf at Candlestick Park in San Francisco and my ears rang with the dulcet tones of the Monday Night Football theme, I knew I had made the right decision.  AS I watched the game see saw between the two teams, I felt a strange tingling throughout my body.  The visual display was tickling the pleasure centre of my brain.  I was flooded with endorphins as I watched the game go down to a field kick attempt on the final play of the game.

Life is good again.

**Hockey season is only three weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment