Friday, September 17, 2010

Wow!

Well, it's been busy.  Starting two new grades at a new school has been challenging to say the least.  In fact, I've been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.  Every time I think I'm starting to catch up, another pile ends up on my desk.  I'll be going in again this Sunday for more work.  It helps that the satellite hasn't been fixed, so I don't have access to football.  Otherwise, I'm not sure how much willpower I'd have to make into work for another weekend.  I've even been working in the evening when we get home since I started and that's just not like me.  I like to leave work at work.  Unfortunately, I also like to make sure my kids learn, so something had to give.

My class is interesting this year.  I have a very loud bunch of students.  Now, I'm not one of those teachers that has their students sit in rows silently while they work, but I like it when they aren't talking when I am.  Also, everything they say is shouted to one another.  We are making slow progress on how to behave in class.  The first half of the week I despaired of retaining any shreds of my sanity this year, but by the end of the week there was a glimmer of hope.  Only a glimmer at this point, but that is better than nothing. 

Hopefully, I'll have a better week coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment